BEST is a project, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and delivered by local Councils, which aims to reduce energy use and costs in small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) in Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland and Sunderland.
Rising energy costs are a significant issue for businesses of all sizes, operating in all industries and sectors. The Business Energy Saving Team (BEST) provides businesses with a fully-funded energy efficiency audit, designed to help businesses to identify ways to save money and reduce their carbon footprint.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a recent graduate to join the team, supporting the BEST project in a range of key activity, including:
- Engagement with local and regional businesses to promote the BEST project and encourage their participation
- Reaching their target audience (SMEs) in an effective way. Primarily by e-mail and telephone communication but also utilising a range of digital marketing and communication methods
- Support the development of the BEST Project’s social media platforms, allowing them to connect with more businesses
- Supporting the BEST Team to identify eligible local businesses to approach via a range of research and analysis
- Liaising with BEST’s other Council partners to support their SME engagement
- Providing excellent customer service to businesses who are engaging with the BEST project
The role would suit a recent graduate who is interested in working with a range of businesses and enjoys working within a small team, with clear objectives. The successful candidate will assist the team in reaching out to a range of eligible businesses and activity on a day to day basis will require the candidate to have good research and communication skills, as well as a good knowledge of using marketing and social media to reach audiences.
Please view the full Role Profile for the position here: Role Profile.draft vsi
Early application is encouraged
Please submit a comprehensive CV and Covering Letter within one document, ensuring to include the reference number UNI4/DM/368 via our website: www.uni4talent.co.uk
The deadline for applications is Midnight on Monday 26th August 2019
Please ensure you give a detailed account of your skills and experience and how you meet the stated criteria of the position.
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note; this position is open to Home and EU Graduates only. This role is not eligible for Tier 2 sponsorship in accordance with the Home Office Points Based Immigration System. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website https://www.gov.uk/
If you feel that you would benefit from help and guidance from the University’s Career and Employability Service, please contact the CES Enquiries line on 0191 515 2920 or email@example.com
The Careers and Employability Service can assist with strengthening your future applications, through providing:
- CV advice and guidance
- Assistance with writing Covering Letters
- Interview practice and techniques
|Job Category||Fixed Term, Internship|
|Salary||£18000 per annum pro rata|
|Hours||22.2 hours per week|
|Application closing date||Midnight on Monday 26th August 2019|