Our Client is an Edwardian mansion, full of charm and character, set on the beautiful backdrop of Northumberland countryside. With over 140 bedrooms as well as luxury lodges located in the peaceful grounds with facilities such as state-of-the-art health club, swimming pool and spa. Our client offers two fantastic dining outlets on site serving high-quality, delicious food, as well as afternoon tea. On-site activities are also available such as fishing, clay pigeon shooting and archery. Our client offers accommodation to their employees for 6-8 months when in post and also offer a wide range of discounts on the various services and facilities.
Our Client is looking for a Chef De Partie to help run the busy kitchen and maintain the high standards set.
- To assist in kitchen preparation
- To achieve maximum profitability and customer satisfaction
- To complete work given by Executive Head Chef or Head Chef on any section of the kitchen to the laid down standard which has been agreed by Executive Head Chef.
- To ensure that you report to work on time as per agreed rota.
- To use all kitchen equipment for its proper purpose at all times.
- To report to Exec Head Chef or Head Chef any maintenance defects.
- To adhere to any cleaning rotas and to sign them off when completed
- To maintain personal hygiene standards at all times
- To assist with the control of wastage and be profit conscious.
- To work quickly and calmly whilst promoting good working relations within the kitchen.
- To liaise effectively with other departments where appropriate.
- To deal with all customer and guest comments or complaints and to pass on any relevant information to your Supervisor.
- To aid the Head Chef in the training and development of all staff in to the department.
- To actively contribute towards your Personal Performance Plan
- To maintain hygiene standards at all times whilst cleaning any areas in your department
- To wear the correct uniform, in good condition whilst on duty and in the hotel and to take responsibility for the uniform whilst off-duty
It is also important to maintain the standards of service:
- Say hello to any guests or colleagues you meet as you walk around the hotel – SMILE
- Enjoy the job – use the FISH philosophy at all times
- Encourage the conservation of energy and recycling at every opportunity
- Come up with innovative ways of presenting food – advising Executive Head Chef at all times
Early application is encouraged
Please submit a comprehensive CV and Covering Letter within one document, ensuring to include the reference number UNI4/KB/271 via the ‘Apply Now’ section below.
The deadline for applications is Midnight on Sunday 20th January 2019.
Please ensure you give a detailed account of your skills and experience and how you meet the stated criteria of the position.
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note; this position is open to Home and EU Graduates only. This role is not eligible for Tier 2 sponsorship in accordance with the Home Office Points Based Immigration System. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website https://www.gov.uk/
If you feel that you would benefit from help and guidance from the University’s Career and Employability Service, please contact the CES Enquiries line on 0191 515 2920 or email@example.com
The Careers and Employability Service can assist with strengthening your future applications, through providing:
- CV advice and guidance
- Assistance with writing Covering Letters
- Interview practice and techniques
|Application closing date||Midnight Sunday 20th January 2019|