This post is within a local NHS Trust, specialising in Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, with a range of specialist services. They work across over 70 sites in the region and employ more than 7000 staff.
The Trust is advanced in its use of digital solutions. As a public body, they are required to monitor and maintain their contracts and service levels across a range of services and systems. This information is currently held in a number of systems. The data and information requirements are detailed and can be complex and changeable.
The candidate will be a member of the digital services team, providing support and collating data from a range of staff members. The candidate will maintain detailed records to track contract SLA and KPI information. This will be in relation to service desk, clinical and corporate systems.
The candidate will liaise with members of the digital services team, and also suppliers where required, to query and update on SLA provision.
The Candidate will be asked to:
- Collate and understand specific SLA and KPI levels for various systems.
- Collate and manipulate call and SLA data from a range of sources.
- Present detailed information in a professional and factual format for different audiences
- Support improvements in processes, and staff knowledge of call management and response times.
- Act in the best interest of the Trust, its departments, staff and service users at all times, adhering to Trust policy, legal requirements and confidentiality.
The Candidate will be:
- Able to work as part of a team, while making decisions independently to meet the job requirement.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work to deadlines.
Click here to see the Role Profile Digital Data Analyst Role Profile
Early application is encouraged
Please submit a comprehensive CV and Covering Letter within one document, ensuring to include the reference number UNI4/Jca/452 via the ‘Apply Now’ section below.
The deadline for applications is Midnight Sunday 19th September 2021.
Please ensure you give a detailed account of your skills and experience and how you meet the stated criteria of the position.
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note; this position is open to Home and EU Graduates only. This role is not eligible for Tier 2 sponsorship in accordance with the Home Office Points Based Immigration System. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website https://www.gov.uk/
If you feel that you would benefit from help and guidance from the University’s Career and Employability Service, please contact the CES Enquiries line on 0191 515 2920 or email@example.com
The Careers and Employability Service can assist with strengthening your future applications, through providing:
- CV advice and guidance
- Assistance with writing Covering Letters
- Interview practice and techniques
|Job Category||Fixed Term, Internship|
|Salary||£18 - £20,000|
|Hours||37 per week|
|Application closing date||Midnight Sunday 19th September 2021|