The Graduate Intern will join Sunderland City Council on an initial fixed term basis, working within the Corporate Services Directorate, to provide a range of digital solutions to improve customer experience and deliver City Plan priorities. Sunderland City Council and the University of Sunderland have a strong working relationship and the Council has provided a number of Graduate Interns with Graduate Level experience to help launch their careers. Sunderland City Council is ambitious, welcoming and is looking for an exceptional candidate, who can successfully contribute to the delivery of wide-ranging projects within the Digital and Transformational Change Teams.
The successful candidate will assist with:
- Supporting, planning and implementing digital solutions, working closely with the Digital Lead Manager.
- Working with services, customers and residents to identify current performance, resolve issues within services using insight from data and predictive analytics, and ensure that benefits and service improvements are identified.
- Supporting the development of digital services that meet the needs of our customers, residents, staff and groups in order to achieve our objectives as outlined in the City Plan
- Reviewing the information architecture of the council’s Digital services ensuring that user journeys are consistent, accessible and usable
- Conduct regular user testing / user research, responding to and analysing customer feedback and analytics to drive continuous service improvements
- Supporting the Digital Lead Manager to ensure all transactional online presence is managed appropriately in terms of content using a content management system and other digital tools
- Reviewing digital content from across the Council to ensure information is accessible and appropriate in terms of Plain English, usability and search engine ranking
Please click here to view a copy of the Role Profile.
Early application is encouraged
Please submit a comprehensive CV and Covering Letter within one document, ensuring to include the reference number UNI4/AC/412 via the ‘Apply Now’ section below.
Please ensure you give a detailed account of your skills and experience and how you meet the stated criteria of the position.
If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com
Please note; this position is open to Home and EU Graduates only. This role is not eligible for Tier 2 sponsorship in accordance with the Home Office Points Based Immigration System. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website https://www.gov.uk/
If you feel that you would benefit from help and guidance from the University’s Career and Employability Service, please contact the CES Enquiries line on 0191 515 2920 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Careers and Employability Service can assist with strengthening your future applications, through providing:
- CV advice and guidance
- Assistance with writing Covering Letters
- Interview practice and techniques
|Job Category||Fixed Term|
|Salary||£18,000 per annum, pro rata|
|Hours||37 Hours Per Week|