Our Client is a family business established over 60 years ago. They have grown to become a leading specialist supplier to the food industry of Commercial Catering Equipment, Commercial Kitchens, Bar & Food Servery Installations to both Public & Private Sectors. The company offer a complete and comprehensive service including a vast range of Equipment Sales, Design Facility, Project Management, Installation and Planned Preventative Maintenance, supported by expert, friendly advice and a comprehensive after sales service, delivered in the most professional and efficient manner possible.
Our Client is looking for an enthusiastic and commercially minded individual to drive forward their B2b and B2C online sales. The position provides endless opportunity to demonstrate your commerciality and creativity. You will have the autonomy to drive the Online/Digital/E-Commerce platform in the right direction and make the online channel a significant revenue generator for the business.
The E-Commerce Officer’s role will take ownership of the web platform where you will be accountable for online sales growth through effective engagement and conversion. You will also be accountable for content throughout the website. Furthermore you will be responsible for retaining customers within the digital channel, ensuring repeat purchases through targeted advertising.
Initially a 3 month fixed term contract – the organisation is looking to convert to a permanent position following the 3 month contract for the right candidate. This is a particular unique opportunity to grow with the role reporting into the Senior Management.
As the E-Commerce Officer you will:
- provide support in all data and digital marketing functions
- provide daily and monthly reporting on web and digital campaign activity using Google Analytics and email campaign software
- support the marketing department in providing monthly and ad hoc reporting
- extract mailing data as required and carry out data preparation work for promotional mailings and email marketing
- provide general marketing administrative support
- accountability for driving site visitation across all territories in line with business goals
- managing the website product offer development, including product set up and optimised merchandising of content
- managing / directing website structure, navigation, performance and functionality across devices
- responsible for site roadmap including recommendations for new functionality to drive the business forwards
- leading the digital acquisition strategy for the business across all channels, existing and new, including: PPC, Google shopping, SEO, Paid Social, Affiliates and Display Advertising
- leading a culture that develops a daily optimisation routine to improve on the main conversion techniques
- developing strategies for new and emerging channels that will enhance the user experience and sales
- communicating relevant analysis and information across E-Commerce, executive leadership and wider organisation
- Excellent knowledge of digital marketing and social media
- Skilled at interpreting a brief
- Experience of writing strategic and creative marketing plans
- Comprehensive research skills
- Confident at developing web content
- Exceptional organisational and administrative ability
- Creative with the ability to conceive and develop ideas
- Intuitive problem solving and analytical ability
- Self-motivated and can be trusted to manage their own workload and time
- Driven with a determined work ethic
- Excellent communication and observational skills
- Accurate with a focused attention to detail
- Approachable, enthusiastic with a composed confidence
- Flexible and adaptable in line with the needs of the Business
- Strong IT skills
Early application is encouraged
Please submit a comprehensive CV and Covering Letter within one document, ensuring to include the reference number UNI4/AC/289 via the ‘Apply Now’ section below.
The deadline for applications is Midnight Sunday 3rd March 2019.
Please ensure you give a detailed account of your skills and experience and how you meet the stated criteria of the position.
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note; this position is open to Home and EU Graduates only. This role is not eligible for Tier 2 sponsorship in accordance with the Home Office Points Based Immigration System. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website https://www.gov.uk/
If you feel that you would benefit from help and guidance from the University’s Career and Employability Service, please contact the CES Enquiries line on 0191 515 2920 or email@example.com
The Careers and Employability Service can assist with strengthening your future applications, through providing:
- CV advice and guidance
- Assistance with writing Covering Letters
- Interview practice and techniques
|Job Category||Fixed Term|
|Salary||dependant on experience|
|Hours||39 hours per week|
|Application closing date||Midnight on 17/02/19|