Our client is an established firm based in the Gateshead area, producing innovative high speed machines and power electronics solutions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced engineer to join the expanding team as Principal Engineer. Candidates must have previous experience of power electronics with a rail rolling stock or energy / grid background. Candidates must also have experience of concept design.
The successful candidate will be an experienced engineer, with a strong career history in either the energy or rail industries. Day to day duties will include leading a multi-skilled power electronics design team in the technical execution of one or more projects. Based in Gateshead in the North East of England, the Principal Engineer will deliver a product technically compliant to the requirements of the customer within the prescribed lead time and to meet the financial requirements defined by the project budget.
- To provide a professional technical interface between the company and the customer.
- To define and model the product system in line with the customer requirements and the company’s tendered bid to ensure the design meets all requirements and is stable in all operating conditions.
- To define and produce the system functional description for the design to disseminate the requirements to the rest of the technical team and to ensure customer acceptance of the design is achieved at the earliest opportunity.
- To work closely with the project manager to ensure that the project execution is approached in the most efficient and risk reduced manner.
- To define, control and monitor the technical work packages allocated to the project delivery team.
- To review and approve all documentation, component specifications and internal technical procedures relating to delivery of the project.
- To schedule and chair design reviews of all project sub systems to ensure compliance with the technical requirements, product safety, risk (programme and technical), cost and manufacturability.
- To co-ordinate the production of all presentation material and supporting documents for all major design reviews.
- To attend and present design review materials to the customer either on the company’s site or at the customer premises (as necessary).
- To identify and communicate technical scope growth, specification creep and variations.
- To assist in the management of the customer to ensure that the documentation deliverables do not exceed the tendered scope of work.
- To ensure that all products are fully compliant prior to dispatch from the company by appropriate qualification testing.
- To provide advice on all aspects of design and engineering to other senior managers and staff to ensure effective decision making.
- To support all quality initiatives proposed and utilised by the Company.
- To actively promote Health and Safety across the function and the site.
- To carry out other duties from time to time as the business requires.
Please click here to view the full Role Profile: Role Profile
Early application is encouraged
Please submit a comprehensive CV, ensuring to include the reference number UNI4/GM/370 via our website: www.uni4talent.com
Please ensure you give a detailed account of your skills and experience and how you meet the stated criteria of the position.
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note; this position is open to Home and EU Graduates only. This role is not eligible for Tier 2 sponsorship in accordance with the Home Office Points Based Immigration System. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website https://www.gov.uk/
If you feel that you would benefit from help and guidance from the University’s Career and Employability Service, please contact the CES Enquiries line on 0191 515 2920 or email@example.com
The Careers and Employability Service can assist with strengthening your future applications, through providing:
- CV advice and guidance
- Assistance with writing Covering Letters
- Interview practice and techniques
|Salary||Circa £50,000 per annum|
|Hours||40 Hours Per Week|
|Application closing date||N/A|