Our Client has been an innovator and a disruptor in the UK and Ireland fitness market for more than a decade. In an age dominated by faceless big box budget gyms, our client is building clubs for the future. Affordable fitness with personality, service and accessibility, reaching out to people of all ages and becoming the brand that breaks down the barriers of intimidation to everyone. Their workforce expects to ‘Take The Stage’ in our clubs. They look for passion, belief, energy and ambition. They want everyone to feel they belong in the movement that will change their lives.
Our Client aims to be a pervasive business, recognised as a leader in the health, fitness and wellness market. They set bold and audacious goals that excite them, align to their core purpose, philosophy and values whilst moving towards their vision for the future. They value their people and choose to work only with those who share their values and are believers in their Vision. They care passionately about their franchisees, their staff and their members and invite them to measure their performance against their promise. They work hard to make a positive contribution to the communities they serve and strive to be a force for positive change. They vigorously pursue profit in all that they do, not only to drive a good return to their shareholders, but also to make it possible for them to pursue their long term goals and vision.
To locate customers and sell sustainable club memberships in numbers that consistently meet or exceed expectations, particularly seeking out those who would not normally join a health club.
- Generate a steady stream of membership recruitment opportunities through outbound prospecting
- Grow club membership numbers by communicating the value of club products and services
- Research prospects and tailor messaging to bring high volumes of new customers into club membership
- Generate customer data that enables team members to close membership sales and to retain members at highest levels
- To connect with customers in a range of external networks and virtual environments.
- To bring people into contact with our Clubs, teams and members.
- To become known and respected across the business and local community in the club’s catchment area
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and use CRM practice and tools that capture data effectively and efficiently
- Work as outbound prospector to reach customers in variety of locations and consumer environments
- Follow a clearly defined prospecting and sales process
- Keep customer data up to date and refreshed
- Use buyer personas to target and message prospects through phone, email and social media
- Master social tools, such as LinkedIn, Facebook etc. in order to discover more information about member prospects
- Network with community and corporate groups order to build relationships that open access to potential members
- Seek out locations and permissions to display membership offer and to canvass for members in key retaining and recreational locations
- Connect with medical and corporate communities in ways that connect health programs and promotions with fitness and exercise
- As a sales executive, you’ll need to:
- B2B sales
- build good working relationships
- understand the needs of your business customers
- research the market and related products
- Present the product or service favorably and in a structured professional way face-to-face.
- B2C sales
- listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale
- maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- cold call to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- respond to incoming email and phone enquiries
- act as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales
- gather market and customer information
- challenge any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- advise on forthcoming product developments and discuss special promotions
- create detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- check the quantities of goods on display and in stock
- make accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations.
- For both B2B and B2C, you’ll be required to:
- negotiate on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- liaise with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders
- record sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system
- represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- feed future buying trends back to employers
- review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues.
General and Club Responsibilities
- All employees have a general duty in law to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- To understand and be committed to the Health and Safety Policy statement and be aware of his/her responsibility for key priorities.
- To demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to promote the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment and service delivery.
- To work 5 out of 7 days including weekends and be responsible for sales out of any club
- To do whatever it takes, within reason, to make the business successful
The Personal Specification –
|Areas||SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
|· Dynamic communicator who sets high standards at fast pace and encourages colleagues to create the atmosphere that will bring prospects into the club.|
|· Enthusiast who motivates people from all backgrounds to consider the club as a force for good in their lives.|
|· Business driver who achieves great results by intelligent analysis and understanding of market opportunities that can be converted into membership growth and revenue streams.|
|· Smart prospector who builds a CRM system that delivers a steady stream of customers to the club on a constant basis.|
|· Creative problem solver who seeks out new tools and new ways to connect and communicate with customers|
|· Self-motivated innovator who uses social media to build a community of enthusiasts for the Fitness Clubs|
Early application is encouraged
Please submit a comprehensive CV and Covering Letter within one document, ensuring to include the reference number UNI4/KB/273 via the ‘Apply Now’ section below.
The deadline for applications is Midnight Sunday 20th January 2019
Please ensure you give a detailed account of your skills and experience and how you meet the stated criteria of the position.
If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com
Please note; this position is open to Home and EU Graduates only. This role is not eligible for Tier 2 sponsorship in accordance with the Home Office Points Based Immigration System. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website https://www.gov.uk/
If you feel that you would benefit from help and guidance from the University’s Career and Employability Service, please contact the CES Enquiries line on 0191 515 2920 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Careers and Employability Service can assist with strengthening your future applications, through providing:
- CV advice and guidance
- Assistance with writing Covering Letters
- Interview practice and techniques
|Salary||£20, 000 plus commission|
|Hours||Full time, including weekend work|
|Application closing date||Midnight Sunday 20th January 2019|