Two Graduate Interns will join Sunderland City Council on an initial fixed term basis, working within the Corporate Services Directorate, to provide a range of Project Office support that assists with transformational change across the organisation. Sunderland City Council and the University of Sunderland have a strong working relationship and the Council has provided a number of Graduate Interns with Graduate Level experience to help launch their careers. Sunderland City Council is ambitious, welcoming and is looking for an exceptional candidate, who can successfully contribute to the delivery of wide-ranging projects within the Project team.
To form part of a Transformation Project Team; undertaking project and analytical support to contribute to successful project delivery as part of a wider council change programme.
Whilst this role is initially on a temporary basis – it is highly likely to extend into a full Internship for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will:
1. Provide day-to-day support to assist delivery of the transformational change programme of activity & projects
2. Lead specific project deliverables
3. Assist with workshops and meetings including arranging; co-facilitating, capturing outputs and developing documentation
4. Undertake research and analyse information to enable recommendations to be based on qualitative and quantitative data
5. Record, manage and report on the progress of projects using excel and other bespoke databases
6. Undertake project specific activity such as process mapping and creating business process maps using appropriate software
Please click here to view a copy of the full Role Profile
Early application is encouraged
Please submit a comprehensive CV and Covering Letter within one document, ensuring to include the reference number UNI4/AC/411 via the ‘Apply Online ’ section below.
The deadline for applications is Midnight on Wednesday 5th May 2021.
Please ensure you give a detailed account of your skills and experience and how you meet the stated criteria of the position.
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note; this position is open to Home and EU Graduates only. This role is not eligible for Tier 2 sponsorship in accordance with the Home Office Points Based Immigration System. Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website https://www.gov.uk/
If you feel that you would benefit from help and guidance from the University’s Career and Employability Service, please contact the CES Enquiries line on 0191 515 2920 or email@example.com
The Careers and Employability Service can assist with strengthening your future applications, through providing:
• CV advice and guidance
• Assistance with writing Covering Letters
• Interview practice and techniques
|Job Category||Internship, Temporary|
|Salary||£18,000 - £24,000 depending on experience per annum, pro rata|
|Hours||37 Hours Per Week|
|Application closing date||Midnight on Wednesday 5th May 2021|