Terms of Business for the Introduction of permanent and temporary staff, directly employed by either the Client or Uni4Talent.
1.1 Within these Terms of Business, the following definitions apply:
• The term “Client” refers to the company, persons or corporate body, together with any associated company who is interested in using services provided by Uni4Talent.
• The term “Candidate” refers to the student, graduate or other party who is supplied to the client by The Uni4Talent to be considered for a vacancy or opportunity.
• The term “Introduction” refers to the point at which the client communicates with the candidate, which may be via a face to face meeting, telephone interview, skype or digital conversation, or any other vehicle via which initial communication takes place.
• The term “Engagement” refers to the engagement, employment or use of candidate by the client or any third party organisation.
• The term “Remuneration” refers to any salary or fees, guaranteed bonus or commission earnings or other payments payable to the candidate at the point of them successfully engaging with the Client. Uni4Talent will remunerate these costs via an invoicing arrangement with the Client.
• The term “Qualified Professional” refers to a graduate who has completed a further qualification that is required by the specific industry that they are entering, and essential to their employment in this field. Primarily, this refers to NQT teachers and Health Care Professionals who have completed further qualifications after their degree.
2. THE CONTRACT
2.1 These terms constitute a contract between Uni4Talent and the Client and are deemed to be accepted by the Client by virtue of the Engagement of a Candidate or introduction made by Uni4Talent.
2.2 These terms contain the entire agreement between parties, unless otherwise stated.
2.3 No variation of these terms shall be accepted, unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Uni4Talent and the Client.
3. FEES AND CLIENT OBLIGATIONS
3.1 The Client agrees:
• To notify Uni4Talent as soon as possible any offer of Engagement which is made to the Candidate.
• To notify Uni4Talent as soon as possible any acceptance of Engagement made by the Candidate.
• To pay all fees due to the Uni4Talent, within 14 days of the invoice being received.
• To at all times act in good faith.
• Ensure information provided by the Client to Uni4Talent is complete and accurate.
4.1 For permanent positions, if the Candidate leaves the Engagement, the Client agrees to the following refund terms:
• Before 14 days: 100% of fee returned
• 14 – 28 days: 50% of fee returned
• 28 – 42 days: 25% of fee returned
• 42 – 56 days: 10% of fee returned
4.2 Uni4Talent shall only release a refund if the Client has paid the invoice in full within the 14 days of the invoice being received and upon receipt of written notification by the Client immediately following the Engagement ending.
4.3 Upon a permanent Candidate leaving a post before 28 days of Engagement, Uni4Talent shall look to recruit a replacement Candidate before releasing a refund.
4.4 No refunds are applicable for the hourly rate arrangement. Upon a Candidate leaving, a final invoice shall be raised according to the latest, satisfactory timesheet received by Uni4Talent.
5.1 If, after an offer of Engagement has been made and accepted by a Candidate and the offer is withdrawn by the Client, the Client agrees to pay an administration fee of £150 to Uni4Talent.
6.1 All introductions made by Uni4Talent are confidential until the point of the Client and Candidate meeting. If the Client is found to disclose the identity of a Candidate to another company or third party organisation, without prior communication with and consent by Uni4Talent, they shall forfeit any fees paid to date and Uni4Talent reserves the right to terminate the arrangement.
7. SPECIAL SITUATIONS
7.1 In the case that the Candidate is required by law, or any other professional body, to have specific or named qualifications or authorisations’ to work in the position named by the Client, Uni4Talent will take the necessary steps deemed practical and reasonable to obtain and provide copies of any relevant qualifications or authorisations’ to the Client.
7.2 In the case that 8.1 is not satisfactory to the client, Uni4Talent shall seek to obtain two written references obtained from persons not related to the Candidate. These may then be disclosed to the Client for their consideration. At this point, it is considered that Uni4Talent has taken all practical and reasonable steps necessary.
8.1 Where the Client has instructed Uni4Talent to seek references for their consideration in accordance with 8.2 or generally, Uni4Talent shall seek to obtain two written references obtained from persons not related to the Candidate. These may then be disclosed to the Client for their consideration. At this point, it is considered that Uni4Talent has taken all practical and reasonable steps necessary.
9.1 Uni4Talent shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, delay, damage, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from a connection with Uni4Talent seeking a Candidate for the Client, or from the Engagement of any Candidates.
10.1 The Client agrees to the following rates of business:
Please refer to our charges